Feeding the Future with Nutritious School Lunches
The District 34 Food Services Program is an independent food operation ran by employees of the district. We are dedicated to making sure each child has a pleasant and nutritious lunch experience.
- Delicious Freshly Prepared Sandwiches
- Served on Whole Grain Breads, Rolls and Wraps
- Entrée Salad Specials
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Uncrustable Sandwich
- Bagel and All Natural Yogurt Lunch
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Side Choices
- 1% and Skim rBST Free Milk Choices
- RF (reduced-fat) baked entrées
- zero trans fat products
- low-fat cheese pizzas with WG (whole grain) crusts
- WG (whole grain) pasta, breads, rolls and buns
- whole white meat chicken products
- a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables with all meals
1. Walk to the lunchroom in a quiet, orderly manner.
2. Stay in line while you wait to buy lunch.
3. Practice good table manners.
4. Talk quietly at your table.
5. When the first whistle blows, please clean up if you have not already done so.
6. Always clean up after yourself.
7. When the second whistle blows, everyone is seated and quiet waiting to be dismissed.
8. Always respect and listen carefully to the lunchroom supervisors and cooks.
25 minutes for lunch – First grade 12:00-12:25 and Second grade 12:35-1:00
25 minutes for recess – First grade 12:25-12:50 and Second grade 12:10-12:35
Children may purchase a lunch or bring lunch from home.
- A purchased lunch is $2.55. In addition to the main lunch of the day, i.e., chicken tenders with mashed potatoes or pb&j sandwich, they can choose foods from the salad bar cart.
- That cart contains 8 additional items such as salad, cole slaw, applesauce, sliced oranges, green beans, etc. Milk is also provided with a purchased lunch.
- When bringing lunch from home you have the option to purchase milk.
- To make purchases for lunch you will open a lunch account for your child by turning in money that will be applied to their lunch account. You will be able to view their account online once the school year opens. Replenishment is easy. You may send a check or cash with your child. Be sure to put it in an envelope with the student and teacher name on the outside and note that it is for lunch. Or you may pay via credit card online…there is a $4.00 service charge when using your credit card.